I recently did a solo game of Swordplay 2015, i.e. on a tabletop, not a battleboard, including magic spells as per 2D6 Sword and Sorcery or Swordplay 2018 and I have a few questions.
1) To cast a spell, does the caster need a line of sight to the target?
I assumed yes.
2) But the distance to the target is unlimited?
I assumed no range limit.
3) Can a spell be cast any time a chracter could shoot, e.g.in reaction or after a success in a charge test? Or is it restrictedto the action phase?
I assumed any time the character could shoot.
4) How severe is the effect of a successful dazzle spell? It says that the target loses its next action. Does it only refer to the next action phase? Or does it include reactions, for example tp being charged by another character?
I assumed that it only applies to the action phase, not to reactions, otherwise, it seemd too harsh to me.
5) The success of a spell depends only on the REP of the caster, not on the REP of the target?
Only the damage efffect of a successful damage spell depends on teh target's REP.