Questions! Mar 10, 2020 14:40:59 GMT
Post by fenris07 on Mar 10, 2020 14:40:59 GMT
Hey everyone, my buddy gave me his old 2nd edition Nuts! for my birthday a couple weeks ago. He had bought the rule set but never got around to playing it and thought i might want to give it a try. This game hit every single thing i love in table top and when i looked into it and saw it was up to 4th Edition i made the jump. I've played a few missions (1 patrol where i used the parachute/drop in rules and 2 attack missions) and have been having a great time. The game is so much smoother then 2nd edition with less rolling and tables to go through which has greatly improved it in my opinion. However i do still have some questions, mainly focused on running and placing the AI as intelligently as possible.
1. Which activates first, the PEFs or visible enemy units since they are both Rep 4?
2. How do you place the enemy after the PEF is resolved, spaced over the whole section or bunched close together? If the PEF was in cover does the whole force go in cover but visible, only a few in sight the rest out of sight in cover?
3. When generating an enemy squad i've just rolled a D6 and added it to the base unit so ex. Panzer Grenadiers i roll a D6 and get a 3. So i would place 4+3=7 Germans which would be a NCO and JNCO with SMGs, 2 LMGs, 1 BA rifle with launcher and 2 BA Rifles which would most likely be used as loaders for the LMGs (which would not fire, just load?). Is that correct because i see on the Defensive Position table it calls out an enemy squad +LMG. Would that be an extra one so 3 LMGS?
4. When using the defense NP table I'm confused what it means fire at nearest if can, if not remain in place. If they are out of sight do they not move at all or do they regular move to engage? If behind a building or woods do they really not move at all or do they try popping around corners or through cover for shots within regular movement range? I guess making me go in after them makes it more tough so i'm fine either way i just wanted to know if i was playing it right because so far they have basically stayed where i put them when on defense which is why I've had questions on placing them as well.
5. Can a unit in Duck Back do an In Sight test and react or is it only Hunkered Down models that can't? Would it fire or is it busy scrambling for cover and needs to recover first?
I'm sure I'll have more questions but those were the main ones I felt that I might be getting wrong. Thanks for any help and this game has been a heck of a lot of fun!